UNM SOCIAL MEDIA (THE LOBO LIFE)
From March of 2018 to March of 2020 I have run The Lobo Life. This included managing five employees over time, creating 50+ local business partnerships, managing the Instagram, internal student organization Facebook group, website (via WordPress), and the overall production/content calendar.
The Lobo Life is every experience a Lobo can have beyond being a student, that makes being a student at The University of New Mexico so special. The Lobo Life was founded to showcase all of the experiences that bring students together while pushing comfort zones. It’s a community for those who love the outdoors, who live for culture, who seek out the best new food around town, who long for the dance floor, who dream new things, and for every Lobo.
The Lobo Life is The University of New Mexico's third largest Instagram platform after @uofnm and @unmloboathletics. I organically grew the Instagram by 1,000+ followers and generated 9,700+ uses of our hashtag!
After I established a partnership with the New Mexico State Parks (Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department), The Lobo Life was awarded the New Mexico State Parks Partnership of the Year Award!
In March of 2020 I co-presented at the CASE D4 2020 conference with UNM's Social Media Manager: Social for Students by Students: Letting Students Build Their Own Online Presence.
@THELOBOLIFE ON INSTAGRAM
- Took over the account March 6, 2018 and started with:
- 510 uses of #thelobolife
- 4,169 followers
- As of March 10, 2020:
- 10,258 uses of #thelobolife (9,748 hashtag use growth in two years)
- 5,275 followers (1,106 organic follower growth in two years)
SAMPLE CURATED FEED
- The account posts features with original captions
- All images are posted with the user's permission (via #thelobolife or DM) and are credited in each respective caption.
- I personally like to match the feed to a season, color pallet, or vibe.
- I add original captions to make the posts on-brand for UNM and The Lobo Life.
- I like to have a little fun with them even if there's UNM-related news to be shared!
SAMPLE DESIGNED INSTAGRAM STORIES
- Part of my responsibilities include coordinating with local businesses, photographing an 'adventure', and writing original copy for posts and explorers.
- All posts are featured on UNM's homepage (unm.edu) for a week.
- I have partnered with 50+ local businesses.
Looking for something to do in New Mexico? This is your go-to site to find something new and incredible! Here are links to a few of my favorites I've done!
- TikTok is a new and incredibly popular social media platform that I wanted to utilize.
- I created an account on March 18, 2019 and have been developing what our TikTok brand looks like.
- In one month I posted 16 videos and grew the account to have 58 followers.
- While transitioning off of the account, I helped my coworker host a TikTok contest and implement strategy to continue posting.
- Now I just hope he can get the account to go viral like UNM's account did!
These are the three styles I established and here are links to a few of my favorite ones:
UNM'S MAIN SOCIAL MEDIA
I love UNM and sharing everything wonderful about it! From working at University Communication and Marketing alongside the University Marketing Director and Social Media Manager, I have an in-depth understanding of social media, photography, leadership, planning using an editorial calendar with channel-specific tactics, and organizational skills of complex file management systems including Asset Bank, U: Drive, Dropbox, Monday.com, Microsoft Teams, and Google Drive. Most importantly, I understand that one of the most important tasks in college social media is engaging and responding to audiences on the platforms we use. At University Communication and Marketing these include Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, TikTok, YouTube, and LinkedIn. These have led to positive result-driven analytics, follower growth, and undeniable return on investment. I am trained to consider societal and cultural concerns when evaluating visual media aesthetics in both my own work and in work from other departments.
Here are some of my favorite projects I've worked on to support UNM's Social Media Manager and the whole University Communication and Marketing department!
@UNM COMMENCEMENT LIVE TWEET
With a predetermined shot list, my camera was synced to the UCAM graphic designer's laptop, who then sent the images to UNM's social media manager. After the event all of my images were then edited and uploaded to the UNM image bank.
Fall 2019 live tweet:
Spring 2018 live tweet:
VIDEO COPY WRITING
Original copy featured in this UNM video!