UNM SOCIAL MEDIA (THE LOBO LIFE)
2019 New Mexico State Parks Partnership of the Year!
From March 2018 to March 2020 I ran The Lobo Life. This included managing five employees over time, creating 50+ local business partnerships, managing Instagram, the internal student organization Facebook group, the website (via WordPress), and the overall production/content calendar.
The Lobo Life is every experience a Lobo can have beyond being a student, which makes being a student at The University of New Mexico so special. The Lobo Life was founded to showcase all of the experiences that bring students together while pushing comfort zones. It’s a community for those who love the outdoors, who live for culture, who seek out the best new food around town, who long for the dance floor, who dream of new things, and for every Lobo.
At the time, The Lobo Life was The University of New Mexico's third largest Instagram platform after @uofnm and @unmloboathletics. I organically grew the Instagram by 1,000+ followers and generated 9,700+ uses of our hashtag!
After I established a partnership with the New Mexico State Parks (Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department), The Lobo Life was awarded the New Mexico State Parks Partnership of the Year Award!
In March 2020, I co-presented at the CASE D4 2020 conference with UNM's Social Media Manager: Social for Students by Students: Letting Students Build Their Own Online Presence.
@THELOBOLIFE ON INSTAGRAM
- As of March 10, 2020:
- 10,258 uses of #thelobolife (9,748 hashtag use growth in two years)
- 5,275 followers (1,106 organic follower growth in two years)
SAMPLE CURATED FEED
- The account posted features with original captions
- All images are posted with the user's permission (via #thelobolife or DM request) and were credited in each respective caption.
- I personally liked to match the feed to a season, color pallet, or vibe.
SAMPLE CURATED POSTS
- I added original captions to make the posts on-brand for UNM and The Lobo Life.
- I liked to have a little fun with them even if there was UNM-related news to be shared!
SAMPLE DESIGNED INSTAGRAM STORIES
- Part of my responsibilities included coordinating with local businesses, photographing an 'adventure', and writing original copy for posts and explorers.
- All posts were featured on UNM's homepage (unm.edu) for a week.
- I had partnered with 50+ local businesses.
Looking for something to do in New Mexico? This is your go-to site to find something new and incredible! Here are links to a few of my favorites I've done!
VIDEO COPY WRITING
My original copy is featured in this UNM YouTube video!